donderdag 6 augustus 2009

l' Abeille de Fieuzal 1986


Pedro brought me a bottle which he bought at Bernards', the most suspicious wineshop in Ghent.
We were curious but didn' t expect much (not to say nothin')
To our great surprise the wine showed a very nice nose, with typical aroma' s of mushrooms and spice. In the mouth...well, I know you think it' s gonna go down from here (the tasting note I mean), but you're wrong. Wonderfull balanced and tasty in the mouth, this wine was the biggest surprise of my whole winelife! L' Abeille de Fieuzal is the second wine of the property (Chateau de Fieuzal), and altough 1986 was a remarquable year in Bordeaux, no one would expect a second to taste that good after 23 years of cellaring.
Other wines are in different postings.

L' abeille de Fieuzal 1986 90/100 (august 2009)

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Sitting here with an open mouth: not only because of the 86 Graves, but also because of this new blog... The vinejo "empire" expands and is aiming to conquer the world ? :-). Anyway, good luck with this new blog, and by the way, I'm quite curious to read the TN for the Domaine des Tours (have one bottle to taste at home myself)...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Only one bottle Nico? What a shame... :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Dear Jancis R., ...think you will have to watch out for what you're writing from now on, I'm afraid...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Yeah, maybe I should write some Rock'nroll-concert reviews here...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Not that I am impatient or so :-), but is this going to remain a one-post-blog?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. What do you think? :-)
    (And believe me, this is a nice coincidence )

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen